Re: Drunk cityrail driver

Calm down.... So the original poster made an assumption, and perhaps it
was a silly assumption, but I don't think that warrants wanting to
drive your train over him. For sure, state your point of view, correct
any errors he has made, but don't feel the need to make such outlandish
and inflammatory comments. Attack their argument and promote your point
of view over theirs; attack the person and you lower yourself.

Cheers, David.

In article <3A3EE91B.1C1B6368@pnc.com.au>,
  mcreely@pnc.com.au wrote:
> To the idiot who wrote the original email,
>
> All rail operators in this country are required under various forms
of legislation
> to conduct Drug or Alcohol tests for any sort of incident.
> Your email is typical of idiots who have the tiniest amount of
knowledge then
> shoot their mouths off.  That driver probably was not drunk but you
in your
> "infinite wisdom " have now sullied his reputation by stating that he
was drunk.

> There may have been any number of reasons, some of which may have
been his fault
> and many that may not ,that could account for his being breath tested.
>
> I wish idiots like you would find something better to do with your
time rather
> than eavesdropping on other peoples conversations.
>
> Oh, and by the way as you probably are some sort of train wanker ,
the next time
> you decide to go and harrass a driver with your tales of bullshit,
make sure you
> introduce yourself as the idiot who wrote this email.
>
> I would love to see the reception you get.
>
> Hope I get to run over you on the tracks
>
> Showbags
>
> Bill wrote:
>
> > A scanner may be fun, but be careful what you repeat. The law as I
understand
> > it is that listening to radio communications is not illegal,
but "making use"
> > of what you hear may well be. As I see it, that means repeating it.
In a lot of
> > situations, it probably has no significance at all, but if there
could be a
> > question of criminal proceedings, or of employment disciplinary
proceedings, it
> > would be prudent to omit the mention of the scanner as the source
of your
> > information.
> >
> > But I agree, it is interesting listening in!
> >
> > thebaron@nospam.ozemail.com.au wrote:
> >
> > > Yesterday i was listening with my new scanner and heard that the
police
> > > had been called to breathalise the driver of a cityrail train due
to arrive
> > > at platform 18 at central at 10.57am yesterday morning. The train
would
> > > be held until they arrived. bit of a worry, anyone hear what
happened.
> > > You'd have to assume the guard reported him and was scared half
to death.

Sent via Deja.com
http://www.deja.com/