Re: Drunk cityrail driver

Bill <billguest@the.net.nz> wrote in message
3A3EAF59.7D300D28@the.net.nz">news:3A3EAF59.7D300D28@the.net.nz...
> A scanner may be fun, but be careful what you repeat. The law as I
understand
> it is that listening to radio communications is not illegal, but "making
use"
> of what you hear may well be.

Quite right.  The Judicious Rex column of this month's Radio and
Communications magazine
(page 39) addresses this very issue.

>As I see it, that means repeating it.

Certainly in the case repeating the information to people who could use the
information for
commercial or illegal purposes.

Because this group is a public medium, you never know whose reading, so I
would likewise urge
caution.   We don't want to give the authorities any excuse to ban scanners!

Peter

In a lot of