Re: Dynamic Fairway

As a NSW resident, I found the traffic in Victoria (both related to
trams and otherwise) to be confusing enough, without the addition of
lanes changing function dynamically! Having to turn right from the left
lane is strange enough ;-) .

While to locals trams may seem like busses on tracks, to others trams
may seem like small trains on the road! Quite confronting.

So just what are the specific rules relating to trams?

Cheers, David.

In article <92c3ir$nja$1@nnrp1.deja.com>,
  Vaughan Williams <ender2000@my-deja.com> wrote:

> > It's meant to be automatic signs that light up telling cars to get
> out of
> > the way of trams, because of course The Powers That Be want to be
> seen to be
> > doing something, but don't want to introduce proper tram lanes.
>
> Or to enforce the ones we've got. The existing fairway system isn't
> perfect, and there are a few places where cars legally delaying trams
> needs to be addressed, but just enforcing the existing system would
> vastly improve the situation.
>
> We don't excuse a motorist who fails to give way at a roundabout
> because there isn't a big flashing sign saying he or she has to.
> Motorists are expected to know the road rules or they shouldn't be
> driving. IIRC, obstructing a tram (or speeding past one that is
> stopped) is in the same catagory as speeding by between 15 and 30 kph
> or not stopping at a stop sign - a fine of something like $150 and
> three points. If youre a p-plater, I think its supposed to be a loss
of
> licence offence. Someone might be able to confirm or clarify this.
>
> Has anyone on this newsgroup, or anyone you know, ever been booked for
> driving in a tram lane?
>
> Vaughan
>
> Sent via Deja.com
> http://www.deja.com/