Re: Dynamic Fairway

> It's meant to be automatic signs that light up telling cars to get
out of
> the way of trams, because of course The Powers That Be want to be
seen to be
> doing something, but don't want to introduce proper tram lanes.

Or to enforce the ones we've got. The existing fairway system isn't
perfect, and there are a few places where cars legally delaying trams
needs to be addressed, but just enforcing the existing system would
vastly improve the situation.

We don't excuse a motorist who fails to give way at a roundabout
because there isn't a big flashing sign saying he or she has to.
Motorists are expected to know the road rules or they shouldn't be
driving. IIRC, obstructing a tram (or speeding past one that is
stopped) is in the same catagory as speeding by between 15 and 30 kph
or not stopping at a stop sign - a fine of something like $150 and
three points. If youre a p-plater, I think its supposed to be a loss of
licence offence. Someone might be able to confirm or clarify this.

Has anyone on this newsgroup, or anyone you know, ever been booked for
driving in a tram lane?

Vaughan

Sent via Deja.com
http://www.deja.com/