Re: What to do in Sydney?

> I've rode on Brisbane Surburban Trains a number of times years ago.
> Do they still have those Ticket Inspectors at Peak Times?
> And also can you tell me about that type of surburban train which is
> green colour and travels outside the network?
> It stopped across the Platform from my Sydney Bound XPT.
> (Hard for me to describe as I wa only 6yrs that time)

Don't know about it being green but I think you are referring to the
ICE (Intercity Express) which run the Spririt of Capricorn to Rocky.
Only runs Saturday now. Seen most often these days on the
Nambour/Gympie Nth Line. and the Corinda - Yeerongpilly shuttle (???).
The 5:30pm-ish (varies a few minutes on W/End) Down to Gympie Nth is
either a 5 car ICE or 2/3 car ICE coupled with an EMU up the rear.
Train returns 6:30am with up service.

Anyone know why there are two down runs on a Sunday to Gympie Nth (ex.
Roma St 11:52am, arr GYM 3:05pm and ex. Roma Street 5:34pm, arr GYM
8:25pm)? At Palmwoods on Sunday a few months back saw an empty ICE set
running towards Brisbane with 'Special' indicator. This I assume is the
set that ran the Saturday evening down train. Why run it back empty and
not leave it up there an hour to run the Sunday up train (which I
should point out leaves at 4:00pm not in the morning. Why would they do
this???

So, yes I believe that that is the type of train you saw!

Cheers,
Michael

Sent via Deja.com
http://www.deja.com/