Train trip and observations

To All

Today I went back on the trains after a long time.......

Does anybody out there know why on earth aren't the Plasma's at Penrith
next to the booking office working, instead showing some sort of error?
The ticket booths aren't functioning?
And also why aren't the SPI's displaying anything useful, other than
the time and
"Cityrail welcomes you to Penrith Station"?

---
I took the 9:16pm Inter-urban service to sydney terminal and
coincidently travelled in a DKT carraige (Which I have been chasing for
a long time for a picture. Very fortunate I had my trusty Ricoh with
me!).
Behind my seat, when I sat down, was a man taking up the 3 end seats
and sleeping. When I mean sleeping, I mean snoring and dribbling!
Four young girls right across me didn't notice him until Granville.
They looked at him after I did and looked at me and shrugged their
shoulders before contuing their convo.

---
Along the line I managed to spot 86 classes going on the Main DOWN near
Lidcombe. Since my V-SET was going too fast I still couldn't see an 81
or a 422/442 hauling the 86's
(As Documented on "The Railway News" June 2000, Published by NSWSRCA)
---
At Lidcombe on the Olympic Sprint Platform, I saw a 2-car surburban set
(Is this an L set? I thought there were only 5 of those and operate in
Port Kembla??) standing there static.
Dosen't the Olympic Park Sprint get hauled by an S set?
---
Nothing useful was spotted after then.

---------------------

On my way home at Redfern Station, C8 (City Circle service) had
problems opening its doors.
A woman was running the length of the train to the cab and from my
observation put some key somewhere which then opened all the stuck
doors of C8. I took that service to Central where I then connected with
the 6:32pm Inter-urban back to Penrith

It was peak hour and I only managed to get the "1-seat" at the end of
the carraige facing opposite direction. This trip coincidently was also
in a DKT but the camera wasn't necessry as at this time I wasn't in
Trainspotting mode.
---
(Don't those track maintenace machines sound more like monsters? One of
those passed my V-SET at fulled speed at Auburn when my V was slowed
down)
---
Now this is what I want to get up to. At Penrith station I had observed
that after my inter-urban service pulled out of Penrith the signal had
turned red and the ones after about 500m away turned full red also.
It was a minute then the first signal went
(This is not accurate since I do not have a good memory)

(Top)Red
(Bottom) Yellow

and simulataneously (At the same time) the ones 500m away went:

(Top)Red
(Bottom)Green

I'm not much of a signaller but are signals controlled by Western
Signal Box (Located at the end of PLatform 2 and 3 at Penrith) or are
they automatic?

And also is it ok if someone can correct me if I've made an error.

Thanks
Maikha "V" Ly
http://www.geocities.com/microchip_689
P.S. I am really tired after my day today. Too lazy to put "Ropsy" is a
resgistered trademark and Why do motor cars need more maintenance, etc.

Sent via Deja.com
http://www.deja.com/