Re: [QLD] Farewell Vince O'Rourke

In article <3A4085E9.703DD56@bigpond.com>,
  jjjim <jjjim@bigpond.com> wrote:
> Hi ,  New to this newsgroup :p
>
> Who is replacing him? SOmeone with experience i hope?

Bob Scheuber,

This extracted from QR official homepage(QRnews):

Farewell to the Chief
The 15 December marked QR Chief Executive Vince O'Rourke's swansong. We
farewell Vince after his 10 years at the helm of QR and forty-six years
as part of the QR family. During his time in charge, Vince has overseen
a quiet revolution within QR and has witnessed major changes across the
rail industry. His leadership helped to bring about numerous QR
developments including the introduction of the Tilt Train and Great
South Pacific Express, freight haulage records, substantial capital
investment programs and a string of awards.
Vince leaves behind him a legacy of success and we wish him the very
best in his future pursuits.

At the same time we welcome Bob Scheuber who has been appointed to QR's
Chief Executive position. Bob, who has been Deputy Chief Executive for
the last five years and hails from a railway family, beat out an
impressive field of national and international applicants for the top
job. Bob will be looking to build on QR's successes to meet the
challenges and opportunities that lie ahead.

--
Cheers

Railway Rasputin

Sent via Deja.com