Re: [Melb] Connex called

In aus.rail, on 20 Dec 2000, Daniel Bowen announced:

>Okay, just had an interesting chat with Mr Connex (I didn't catch his
>real name). Don't know if I only got a call back because of the letter
>in the paper (he certainly knew about it),

I got a call back a few weeks ago about an email I sent them, as well as an
email reply, I subsequently sent them another email which has not been
replied to, either by phone or email...  Perhaps it depends who reads a
particular email and what kind of mood they're in?

>but he basically stated that
>their position is:

>- they prefer to run 3 car trains on weekends because it lessens the
>risk of vandalism on the outer parts of the lines

what?  I would have thought that most vandalism would have been done at
sidings etc, when there was no-one on/watching the train, is there that much
vandalism done on trains while they're running?

What about all the video cameras and "customer service" people they have on
the trains now?  At least I would have guessed that they would be able to
catch people as they are vandalising the trains if they do it then...

Regards

OgO
--
My Win9x Cursors: http://qjc.cjb.net/cursors.html
Please don't send me junk leaves! (take them out before replying).

No Silicon Heaven?  But where do all the calculators go? - Kryten.