Re: Westrail Sale to ARG

Maurie Daly (mauried@tpg.com.au) wrote:
> A few interesting excerpts from RD re the sale to ARG.
> It seems that the highest bid was actually made by the FA Consortium
> but rejected in favor of the ARG bid which was some $18 M less.

Remind me again who ARG is.

> I wonder how the WA Govt can justify not taking the highest bid and is
> there any scope for the WA opposition or the WA Auditor to intervene.

The highest bid may not necessarily be the best for the state. It would
depend on what the bidder planned to do once they own the asset. A lower
sale price may be offset by a plan for higher investment (local spending)
after the sale, e.g. buying new rollingstock from Goninan Bassendean.

Cheers
David