Re: Wodonga Railway Relocation

Wodonga City Council general manager Mr Peter Marshall denied that Wodonga
would lose its railway station but said the city would get a better service.
***> He said Victoria intended to convert the broad gauge line to standard
gauge,
allowing a twin line between Melbourne and Wodonga.

I am not sure we need 2 lines? But one thing is for sure, and that is that
we dont need the white elephant called Broad guage. (I can sense somebody's
blood is now boiling...)

My question is, will it be worth while leaving the coal siding connected? I
believe so, and I wouldn't burn any bridges by removing the Bandiana line
either.  There is no reason why freight can't be railed from Wodonga Coal
siding onto Albury station awaiting pickup.

Regards,
Michael P.