Re: Risky Freight Trains

"The Narc" <gonoNOCRAP@bigpond.net.au> wrote in message
> <tezza2000@dingoblue.net.au> wrote:

> >Australia is only different because until recently all railways were
> >government owned and overstaffed, overmanaged and over regulated. Now
with
> >independent operators, and government authorities trying to compete with
> >them, things are changing. Just look at how many crashes and dead Drivers
> >NRC has had in such a short space of time.

> Terry this is absolutely ridiculous NR have had 2 drivers die at the
> controls BECAUSE RSA or whoever was responsible saw fit not to remove
> some bridge abutments at Robinson you can hardly blame NR for that.

What about the blokes in WA?

> And on train examination i cannot confirm what happens in other states
> but in Melbourne i have to wait up to 1.5 hours before i leave so
> someone can walk around the train knocking off wagons that don't come
> up to scratch.

There's too much pressure here to get trains out on time. I've seen an NRC
train pulling out of Chullora and break away in the middle of the train.
They put it back together and took off again. When I made a comment on the
radio about doing a continuity they said "This is NRC not FreightCorp".

I've had many run-ins myself with NRC shunter/examiners at Chullora and
Cooks River over their bodgie examinations and lack of Dangerous Goods
documentation. Despite all the threats I recieved I stood my ground and
insisted on the correct procedures being followed.