Re: [VIC] 2006 Commonwealth Games & Hitachis

I agree that there's an element of NIMBY, but its unfortunate that this
has been amplified by the over-engineered and unduly intrusive nature
of the present plans. Its also unfortunate that the opportunity is not
being taken to, for example, eliminate all the level crossings along
the Broady line.

People in the area have the right to expect that the rail line will not
adversely impact upon their amenity more than is absolutely necessary.
The present plans also cost a lot more than they need to.

Vaughan

In article <KQJp5.35$bb.8871@news0.optus.net.au>,
  dbromage@fang.omni.com.au (David Bromage) wrote:
> Vaughan Williams (ender2000@my-deja.com) wrote:
> > The present plans are also very much opposed by local residents and
by
> > most of the MP's in the NW suburbs. The PTUA does not support them
> > either. I suspect the airport rail will be politically impossible
until
> > the plans are revised, and this will take time.
>
> Why is it that NIMBYs continue to delay projects which we should have
had
> decades ago?
>
> Cheers
> David