Re: [VIC] 2006 Commonwealth Games & Hitachis

In article <39a4dd30@news.iprimus.com.au>,
  "Steve" <hursteau@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>          With the Olypics rapidly approaching in Sydney, it occured
to me
> that Melbourne will also have to cope with increased public transport
demand
> for the 2006 Commonwealth Games.
>
>     If the new trains are going to be running by then, does this mean
that
> the Hitachi sets' lives could be extended to provide additional
rolling
> stock during the games?
>
> something to ponder...
>
> regards,

What I would like to see is a few more lines build to cope with the
demand example Rowville,Airport (maybe Doncaster?) lines some extra
tram lines and VHST to Sydney, electrifrication extension to Melton,
Sunbury and hopefully some sort of traditional loco haul sleeper train
service to Sydney and Brisbane . There has been some stories about
Hitachis are expensive to refurbish and unpopular to passengers. Maybe
keeping them for peak hour traffic only ?

--
Cheers

RR3

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/