Re: 2 82 class in the dirt near Singleton

The derailment has occurred on the Mt Thorley branch, about a train length
from the junction Have they overrun catchpoints at the junction into the
single track??. As I was coming home from a meeting in Singleton just after
6.00pm this evening, the site was under floodlights. I couldn't see if any
of the train was back onto the mainline - too dark. There was a loco waiting
just to the east of Whittingham level crossing - again too dark to see class
and number, could only see marker lights and shape of cab suggesting another
82??

Graham Smith

39a4f1da.807361@news.bigpond.com">news:39a4f1da.807361@news.bigpond.com...