Re: [VIC] 2006 Commonwealth Games & Hitachis

In article <39A50529.ACC8CDF8@VICSIG.alphalink.com.au>,
  remove VICSIG <> wrote:
> > There has been some stories about
> > Hitachis are expensive to refurbish and unpopular to passengers.
Maybe
> > keeping them for peak hour traffic only ?
>
> 56 of the 67 three car Hitachi trains for Connex have been
refurbished.

> 58 of the 68 three car Hitachi trains for Bayside have been
refurbished.

> Yes I am sure you wanted more like the Connex Comeng, but most of the
> Hitachi trains have been through a refurbishment program.
IIRC that was just a brake improvement. There were several discussions
here before regarding Hitachis as the Met several years ago
investigated giving Hitachi airconditioner, however they found out the
structure of Hitachi is way too weak to install a/c, any improvements
would be costly.

--
Cheers

RR3