Re: Drivers and guards to be sacked.

signal_spotter@my-deja.com wrote:

> David, you work for the government. You can have this slap happy
> attitude when you work for the government. I know, I worked for State
> Rail for 16 years. Crimey, when I was an apprentice we used to go to
> the pub most afternoons and our boss would ring the pub whenever a loco
> came in to renew. When I was at ACDEP, I used to catnap in the Indian
> Pacific cars. And we nearly went out on strike when management
> threatened to take away our table tennis tables at the workshop.
> However try having a slap happy attitude working for a private company.
> Our company has a dress code and we stick to it because we want to and
> because we're proud of what we do. In the office it's smart casual ie
> polo shirt, trousers etc. When we deal with clients it's business shirt
> and tie. Now I could say to the boss, no I don't want to wear a tie, I
> want to look like a slob at a meeting but that will not only tarnish
> the company's image but personally mine as well.
>
> regards Ian
> Signal Design Engineer
>
> Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> Before you buy.

I have always found the difference between the operating grades and other
grades amusing if I decided to go to the pub while working in the operating
grades I don't think any trains would have run past my location but office
staff never had that worry some seemed to have pub lunches every other day.

Davo