Re: Future of Queensland Rail looks bleak, says Beattie

In article <tEOo5.84$sL.9220@news0.optus.net.au> dbromage@fang.omni.com.au (David Bromage) writes:
>From: dbromage@fang.omni.com.au (David Bromage)
>Subject: Re: Future of Queensland Rail looks bleak, says Beattie
>Date: Wed, 23 Aug 2000 11:33:45 GMT

>David Bromage (dbromage@fang.omni.com.au) wrote:
>>    Mr Beattie revealed Finance Minister John Fahey had written to
>> him stating the federal government's opinion that governments
>> should not be involved in rail freight.

>Feel free to send comments to John.Fahey.MP@aph.gov.au, but be polite.

>Cheers
>David

I fully agree with him.
The sooner we get rid of State Govts running trains in this country the better
for all.
One might ask the obvious question as to why the Qld Govt and the WA Govt for
that matter wanted nothing to do with the creation of NRC when Keating first
dreamed it up, and refused to be part owners of the Company.
Only VIC and NSW agreed.
Why does Qld now suddenly want to be part of the interstate action.
They have shown zero interest for the last 100 years.

MD