Re: Future of Queensland Rail looks bleak, says Beattie

Skippy wrote:

> David Bromage <dbromage@fang.omni.com.au> wrote in message
> tEOo5.84$sL.9220@news0.optus.net.au">news:tEOo5.84$sL.9220@news0.optus.net.au...
> > David Bromage (dbromage@fang.omni.com.au) wrote:
> > >    Mr Beattie revealed Finance Minister John Fahey had written to
> > > him stating the federal government's opinion that governments
> > > should not be involved in rail freight.

No they have the wrong owners.  The Liberal governments idea of the right
owners for railways are the New York investment houses.

> > Feel free to send comments to John.Fahey.MP@aph.gov.au, but be polite.
>
> & why should I be polite to a Liberal Polli from the Southern Highlands....
> oh well... I wouldn't waste my time mailing that loser anyway
>
> bring back the labour days when we knew what we could & couldn't do

Don't bank on it.  National competition policy was a Labor policy that dates
from the Keating years.  All the Libs have done is continue running with  the
economic rationalism baton bringing to full realization of the plans of the
previous Labor government.  What are the Greens/Demactats point of view on
this?

-greg