Re: New Melbourne trams have fewer seats than the old ones but they're longer!

Alex Campbell wrote:

> Will be watching with interest when the first of these hit the streets in Melbourne.
> When are they due to be delivered?

2002.

The other tram company, Yarra trams, is buying another similar model,
Citadis I think, also being imported.

They are not Wolfgang's plans but plans he photocopied and sent me from
a German transport magazine which had an article on the Melbourne
purchase. It was the May 2000 issue of Stadverkehr and the plans were
clearly marked (in German) as being the ones for Melbourne and like the
Amsterdam ones.

If I had a scanner I could put them up somewhere but I don't. I haven't
looked but I suspect Siemens will have them on a website somewhere.

David McLoughlin
Auckland New Zealand