Re: New Melbourne trams have fewer seats than the old ones but they're longer!

Test For Echo wrote:

> Let's see if I get this straight. Melbourne is purchasing trams from a
> European supplier

Yes

> and these trams will be built in Europe and shipped
> to Australia.

Yes

 Why can't the Melbourne transit authorities specify an
> interior seating design that meets their needs?

Because the trams have been franchised to a European company which is
buying the new trams from another European company. The idiots probably
don't even know that all previous Melbourne trams have been built in
Melbourne and designed for Melbourne conditions. I suspect the idiots
responsible have never even been in a tram.

David McLoughlin
Auckland New Zealand