Re: New Melbourne trams have fewer seats than the old ones but they're longer!

"Ted Gay" <tedgay@bigpond.com> wrote in message
rqKn5.34300$c5.95531@newsfeeds.bigpond.com">news:rqKn5.34300$c5.95531@newsfeeds.bigpond.com...

> At stub terminals the conductors of Sydney R and R1 class trams would walk
> through the tram swinging every seat back over for the new journey. I
never
> saw a passenger chose to swing the back over and sit facing the rear. On
> Sydney buses (new low floor excepted) there are four seats that face the
> rear, why are these seats always the last to be taken? Not because they
are
> the most comfortable surely?

Facing backwards does not worry me, I choose to face backwards on
Tangarbages, and when the XPT had fixed direction seating, I would always
ask for a backward facing seat  (no chance of riff-raff sitting next to you
that way).
--
Dave

Studies have shown that if your parents did not have any children, you
probably won't either.