Re: [NSW] Help keep our trains clean

This is probably another case of a small minority making usage of public
property less pleasant for the majority of people (who in this case take
any rubbish with them to place in a station bin).

I am confident that most people would be quite happy to see a few more
fines handed out to people who litter on trains (though this would
require a few more police patrolling the system).

Regards, David.

In article <399A4A09.D68A803D@ozemail.com.au>,
  trainman@ozemail.com.au wrote:
> Mitch wrote:
>
> > As for these "report me! i'm dirty!" signs, why doesn't Cityrail
just clean
> > the trains rather than make the signs. I highly doubt CityRail will
search
> > through hundreds of carriages to find that one bit of rubbish you
reported.
> > In general, CityRail trains are disgusting, so why don't they just
clean
> > them all up?
>
> Generally, they leave maintenance centres and out-depots fairly clean.
 Filthy
> pigs then leave all their rubbish everywhere, and people get the
impression of a
> dirty carriage.  CityRail now has roving cleaners to try and get the
rubbish
> while the train is running around.  The "report me" stickers would be
so that if
> a carriage is very dirty, it can be cleaned with a high priority
before it goes
> to bed for the night.  The big problem here is not so much the lack of
cleaning,
> but the people who put the rubbish there in the first place.
>
> --
> David Johnson
> trainman@ozemail.com.au
> http://www.ozemail.com.au/~trainman/