Re: [NSW] Help keep our trains clean

Mitch wrote:

> As for these "report me! i'm dirty!" signs, why doesn't Cityrail just clean
> the trains rather than make the signs. I highly doubt CityRail will search
> through hundreds of carriages to find that one bit of rubbish you reported.
> In general, CityRail trains are disgusting, so why don't they just clean
> them all up?

Generally, they leave maintenance centres and out-depots fairly clean.  Filthy
pigs then leave all their rubbish everywhere, and people get the impression of a
dirty carriage.  CityRail now has roving cleaners to try and get the rubbish
while the train is running around.  The "report me" stickers would be so that if
a carriage is very dirty, it can be cleaned with a high priority before it goes
to bed for the night.  The big problem here is not so much the lack of cleaning,
but the people who put the rubbish there in the first place.

--
David Johnson
trainman@ozemail.com.au