Re: Impulse Fare to Melbourne for $33.00

BJ <macgunzal@bigpond.com> wrote in message
43Ql5.30621$c5.85131@newsfeeds.bigpond.com">news:43Ql5.30621$c5.85131@newsfeeds.bigpond.com...

> I think predatory pricing is valid if it can be
> shown that you are selling fares at below cost.

Not in the case of Impulse. Perfectly legal to flog something
at below cost when starting a particular approach etc.

And you havent even established that the $33 fares are below
cost. They clearly arent if you can manage to flog seats that
would otherwise fly empty at that price. And since Impulse was
running aircraft part full for a while, that wouldnt be hard to show.

> In this instance QF/AN probably would
> have a case if it was worth the effort.

Nope, not a hope, on that empty seat argument alone.