Re: Impulse Fare to Melbourne for $33.00

On Mon, 14 Aug 2000 07:57:05 GMT, "Nicky" <nickydsantos@hotmail.com>
wrote:

>Hi there
>Snipped
>>  Secondly I would think the whole idea is to get people flying with
>> them and hope they like it they will come back next time (at the
>> higher fare).
>>

>This is exactly what they are doing.
>
>It's like software producers selling trial versions of their software at
>$10, hoping that people will buy the full version at a higher price.
>Although you can crack the software but not airfares :-)

Actually I think there is a much better reason for the cheap fares.
Think about how much revenue they are giving up, and think about how
much they would have to spend on advertising to get a comparable
degree of media coverage. It's very cheap advertising.