Re: QR short of cattle wagons

lbrown2@bigpond.com (Brown Family) wrote:

> So Tell, why is it in your opinion that QR seem to be making a good
> business out of transporting livestock (and, apparently, doing a
> better job at it than the truckies) when AN/NRC could not/cannot make
> a go of it? Better roads or cheaper trucks around your way?
>
> Les Brown

Been down this road before.  You do recall that QR have
the most expensive bulk mineral rates in Australia.?

Hey Les, I dont give a stuff, they can stick it up
these money making mining outfits as much as they like.
But dont patronise me about how good and smart QR are,
because without the State Gov "levys" on top of their
extravagant bulk mineral rates, they would be the usual
state government owned money losing outfit they were
before the Bowen Basin and other mining ventures to
which they have had exclusive rights, Weipa excepted.!!

----Tell
Alice Springs NT
<< Remove 01 for email reply >>