Re: QR short of cattle wagons

dbromage@fang.omni.com.au (David Bromage) wrote:

> One of the private operators is reportedly seriously looking at livestock
> transport using livestock containers fitted to standard container flats.
>
> What happened to AN's livestock wagons?

Probably lying around gathering rust, mainly due to the
live cattle exports North.
Road Trains, NT road trains that is, move cattle double
decked, tripled trailer in big quantities.!
Anybody who just might be thinking the proposed Alice
to Darwin railway line will "open up" cattle markets
simply does not have a clue.!  Just as the mining
industry up here is more than catered for by road
trains, wink wink, dont let AustralAsia Rail know that.

But whatever, AN's big cattle movers will never run in
Qld, NSW, SA-Vic because they happen to be too long and
too high, double deck 80 footers will never run on
these systems ever.

BTW, still a few busted-arse CR and SAR shorty single
decks around, some are actually parked up this way.

Livestock containers on flat cars, hey I remember them,
the Commonwealth Railways used them on the North
Australia Railway 30 years ago.!

----Tell
Alice Springs NT
<< Remove 01 for email reply >>