Sets of NSW Cars

Help!
I see many posts about various sets on the NSW suburban and interurban
services. As an expat Sydneysider, can anyone expalin what the various sets
are: V sets etc.
I am aware of the following:
Tangara
Douible decker interurban (Newcastle, Lithgow etc)
Single decker as above - introduced circa 1957 (are these all withdrawn?)
Double decker suburban (silver - fluted sides)
Double decker suburban (plain sides)
Single decker suburban (the last introduced were the S sets (Sputnicks) - I
think the power cars were matched with double decker trailer cars but I
think all have been withdrawn.
Thanks
Roger Lloyd