Re: Heritage (was: [Seattle] Melbourne W2 involved in accident)

I believe that the St. Charles line in New Orleans has National Historic
Landmark or similar status.  It also is a major transit line and a
tourist attraction.  Even though it is somewhat noisy, it doesn't seem
to have hurt property values since most of the neighborhoods it passes
through seem quite well off.  It runs at least 16 -18 hours a day, 7
days a week on a fairly frequent schedule.

Clark Morris, cfmtech@istar.ca