Re: Echuca Loco Restoration

David Bromage wrote:

> James Brook (ajmbrook@ozemail.com.au) wrote:
> > I may be wrong about this, but I thought it was under restoration at the
> > moment.
>
> It had extensive cosmetic restoration in the mid-90s. This included some
> preservation to the boiler and motion gear. They may have started actual
> restoration.

I may be hallucinating, but I'm sure I can remember a report in one of
the railfan magazines a few years ago with a photo showing it partially
stripped and the boiler in steam. As I understood it, the boiler had
been repaired and they were seeking the funding/resources to restore the
rest of the loco. WCR was also mentioned somewhere. Can anyone confirm
this? Maybe I have fallen for an old april fools joke. :-)

--
- James Brook -

e-mail:
mailto:ajmbrook@ozemail.com.au