Re: Goodbye Clyde, hello EDI rail!

Jane Coyle and Roger Lewis wrote:

> James Brook wrote:
> > Imagine
> > the uproar if Holden suddenly became "GM Australia".
>
> It's funny you should write that James.  Holden became part of GM many
> decades ago and operated as GMHA until the mid-90s when they changed
> their name back to Holden.  Holden is just a badge... (insert flames
> here).

This is actually what I was referring to because Holden is a famous name
that is a part of GM. In recent years Clyde was basically a badge for
EDI. If you look at the sign out the front of their factory at Somerton,
it says "Clyde Engineering, A division of Evans Deakin Industries". The
re-naming of Clyde to EDI rail is similar to the hypothetical situation
of Holden changing their name to GM Australia and getting rid of the
Holden name.

--
- James Brook -

e-mail: