Re: (VIC) New Steam Loco Construction

david <david@nmit.vic.edu.au> wrote in article
<3994E6E6.2C2B2801@nmit.vic.edu.au>:

>I might have erred, others said  5 billion, I heard 5 millian. And a SG
>version as well.  aBG verion would be a waste of money as routes  are
>lost, or to be regauged.

I would say 5 million. No way it would be 5000 million. SG would be perfect
- could you imagine a streamlined S double headed with 3801??

>And as James Brook points out the idea of the streamlined/unstreamlined
>is a question that would stop it's building for a while !!!  Myself
>would applude either - though when one menstion "S" Steam I think of the
>locos as they were when cut up not as built !

I would say, build it streamlined. Mainly, from the 1939 (??) photo with
the Tiger Moth perspective. This is what I associate the S class steamers
with (:

>PS watch out  Rod, you may see more  little locos later this year.......

Oh no, bigger locos are breeding??

[Time to take the pills again]

Michael