Re: Rail Route Question

In article <wH5l5.235517$t91.2261556@news4.giganews.com>,
  "Dave Proctor" <daproc@spambait.ozemail.com.au> wrote:
> "Gordon Staley" <gordonstaley@nospamhome.com> wrote in message
> cA4l5.49207$a01.466571@news1.rdc1.sdca.home.com">news:cA4l5.49207$a01.466571@news1.rdc1.sdca.home.com...
> > I'm from the US.  My family and I visited Australia recently for
the first
> > time and we thoroughly enjoyed it.  We are looking at visiting
again and
> > would like to take a rail trip from Adelaide to Koober Peedy to
Alice
> > Springs to Darwin and back.  Is such a rail route available?  If so
how
> > would I contact the appropriate folks to see about timetables and
fares?
> > Thanks in advance for your help.
>
> Hi Gordon,
>
> Adelaide to Alice Springs is possible by train, but the train does
not go
> through Coober Pedy.
But there is a railway stop approx 30km away from Coober Pedy, Ghan
will stop there if necessary, the hotels at Coober Pedy can arrange
bus/car pick up from the stop pre-arrangement. Except the train arrives
and leaves the stop at rather inconvinent time(3am IIRC and midnight
for the other direction) Some other visitors fly to Coober Pedy, no
doubt it would cost a bit.

--
Cheers

RR3