Re: [VIC] Broadmeadows line today.

dbowen@custard.REMOVE.net.au (Daniel Bowen) wrote in
<KLQk5.1566$gP5.14284@news-server.bigpond.net.au>:

>Just on that note, I've noticed the Northern loop lines seem to have 6 car
>trains as a matter of course lately, at least on weekdays. Was this always
>the case? I know all lines seem to have 6 car trains on nights when there
>are events at Colonial Stadium.

Nup, 97% of the time, trains on the BMS line out of the peak are 3 car
sets. Upfield trains are 3 car sets all the time. Not sure about the other
lines though, but from what I've seen theyre mostly 3 car sets out of peak
as well.

Interesting to note that there were many people utilising the 13:36 up
train ex Glenroy this afternoon - more than I've ever seen on that train
before. It's been about a year since I've caught the service of this
particular time (I know this - it crosses the 13:57 ex FSS 4D at Spencer
Street) and the last time I caught it, there were no more than about 6-10
people in the carriage.

Michael

--
Michael Kurkowski [email: michael DOT kurkowski AT gunzel DOT net]

http://www.gunzel.net
ICQ: 1459118

etc etc etc. apathy prevents me from writing this quote.