Re: Victorian Speed Traps ( was: 3801/30 to ararat )

> Two groups of NSW caders, running in convey on Tuesday

 SSSNIP>
> The mistake we made was assuming the same degree of leniency as shown in
> NSW, where you generally don't get booked up to 10km/h over the posted
> limit.  We were doing just on or under 110 km/h, on a 100 km/h section. It
> was a flat , straight and well made section of highway, and I don't
consider
> we were endangering ourselves or anyone else at that speed.  What was
> dangerous was the blinding white flashes that went off straight in our
faces
> on a dark road in the middle of the night. We didn't even see the Police

You may not have been fined!
over Easter in the very early hours of the morning two lots of Visitors told
me about bright flashs
going off in front of them as they sat on the Hume's limit of 110. Another
told me of a Policeman
flashing his highbeam/driving lights quickly directly at the on coming
traffic. The Policeman pointed at his eyes and wagged his finger at the
hapless motorist. My local gendarnme would not verify anything, but said you
would be unlikely to be blinded by a Victorian Speed camera, most of the
light used is infra red, with a soft white filler! Might not your flash have
been the AU Falcons Driving Lights going off .My friend says that this would
have been a private warning from that particular Cop to make sure you were
awake, as I bet you were for the next few miles anyway
;o)