Re: Great Service City Rail

Jane,

No you don't seem to me to be a moron.  However, your story is just the
typical of problems I am referring to.  If City Rail is unable to
communicate important train movement information to its itself, then what
hope is there for us passengers!

I am aware that this is not City Rail  but you would agree, it has stirred
things up a bit.

My comments are always passed onto City Rail, but as usual, no one has taken
the time to acknowledge my correspondence so what else one to do?

Keith

Jane Campbell <janecampbell@optusnet.com.au> wrote in message
390940fd$0$27519@news01.syd.optusnet.com.au">news:390940fd$0$27519@news01.syd.optusnet.com.au...
Did you realise that this newsgroup isn't Cityrail?  You aren't addressing
the problem by complaining here because generally, we agree and understand.
I object to being called a moron because quite simply I am not.
Imagine this if you will:  I bring a train from Hornsby via the Shore to the
city and think that I am working it to Richmond.  The reason I am late is
because passengers have stopped me to ask me questions and to force the
doors for their friends and workmates all the way down the shore.  I have
lost time that I am unable to make up because passengers keep delaying me.
I get to Wynyard and an announcement is made that I am now stopping as a
"slow" service and will be terminating at Blacktown.  I inform them that the
announcement is wrong and make several announcements on the train for
passengers to ignore the station announcement.  Station staff look at me and
tell me that the box told them that I'd been changed.  Increasingly I'm
getting frustrated because I haven't been given any advice in writing of my
new stopping pattern and terminating location and I'm getting later and
later as people ignore my announcement and queue at my doorway to ask me
questions which I have just publicly answered.  I have now lost 4 minutes at
Wynyard and then the whole thing happens again at Town Hall.  I can only
inform the public of any changes after I have been transposed in writing.  I
am now running at least 8 minutes late because of a combination of
passengers and lack of information from the signaller and station staff.  I
get to Central and am transposed but am running so late now that wherever I
go and no matter how hard I try I will still get abused, spat on, kicked and
personally abused because my train is late.  When I make an announcement to
say that I apologise for the delay...I make it because I mean it.  I don't
want to be stuck going nowhere for any longer than I have to either.  I was
supposed to have my crib at Richmond and will now have to go to Blacktown
and back to Central before I get a break which makes it just over six hours
into my shift before I get a break.  Do you hear me yell and scream at
passengers because I'm hungry?  No you don't.  You know why?  Because I'm
the moron.
Please realise that we can only give you as much information as we have been
given.  If the signaller tells the station staff what is happening and they
assume we've been told then we already have a communication breakdown don't
we?  I sit inside a tin box for hours on end and I have no means of
communication with the signaller except via the driver and that is dependent
on the whether the train radio is working at that particular location.  I
can't answer questions that I don't know that answer to except by telling
you that I don't know and I am actually sorry that I don't know.  As soon as
I have any information, of course, my passengers will be the first to know
it.  Does that make me a moron.  Or more importantly does that give anybody
the right to call me a moron?  I don't think it does.

Jane

These comments are made in a private capacity and do not represent the views
of Cityrail.

3908347d@pink.one.net.au">news:3908347d@pink.one.net.au...