Re: Murray Resturant

"James C." <james_ccj@my-deja.com> wrote in message
8ec5fo$rg4$1@nnrp1.deja.com">news:8ec5fo$rg4$1@nnrp1.deja.com...

> The Murray Resturant invite all the passengers and relatives/friends to
> dinging regardless of class, as long as they travel by Overland or
> Sydney Express.

Not true, I dined on it a few times when I was not travellin (just happened
to be in the vicinity).

> The dining car opens at 7pm for a deaprture of 8pm from
> Spencer street, obviously Overland passengers have to eat quickly:-)

As did relatives and friends.

> but there is a small note indicates that all Overland passengers can
> recieve priority service. The realtives and friends who joining can
> park their car for free.
>
> I remember there was a time Sydney/melbourne express was without
> a dining service beacuse of cost but were return due to demand.

Don't recall this. The RMS dinigncar was transferred straight from the
Southern Aurora to the SEX/MEX.

> While
> Sydney/Melbourne Express wasn't a marvelous train and Overland was and
> still is not a premere train, at least the passengers back then can
> enjoy nice cooked meal on board and comfort environment of the lounge
> car(whole train ready for board at 7pm. What can XPT and Overland
> passengers these days do before departure other then sit in the fully
> pacted, filthy waiting room in Spencer street station, I wondered if
> they can find a good restaurant near Spencer street.

They don't even have a bar at Spencer St that is open decent hours any more.
AND the pub across the road is no more. No way at all to help you to sleep
on the train. :-)

Dave