Murray Resturant

Hi all!

Digged out my old folder where I kept all the railway/trains
information since primary school I found an Overland ticket and a
inviation card for "Murray restaurant"(dated back 1992!). The dining
car service that used to be on Sydney/Melbourne express, a predecessor
to Aurora and Spirit of Progress.

The Murray Resturant invite all the passengers and relatives/friends to
dinging regardless of class, as long as they travel by Overland or
Sydney Express. The dining car opens at 7pm for a deaprture of 8pm from
Spencer street, obviously Overland passengers have to eat quickly:-)
but there is a small note indicates that all Overland passengers can
recieve priority service. The realtives and friends who joining can
park their car for free.

I remember there was a time Sydney/melbourne express was without
a dining service beacuse of cost but were return due to demand. While
Sydney/Melbourne Express wasn't a marvelous train and Overland was and
still is not a premere train, at least the passengers back then can
enjoy nice cooked meal on board and comfort environment of the lounge
car(whole train ready for board at 7pm. What can XPT and Overland
passengers these days do before departure other then sit in the fully
pacted, filthy waiting room in Spencer street station, I wondered if
they can find a good restaurant near Spencer street.

--
Cheers

James

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/