Re: Great Service City Rail

"Glenn J-B" <grjb@ihug.com.au> wrote in message
3908FDD0.74E7236F@ihug.com.au">news:3908FDD0.74E7236F@ihug.com.au...

> You mean that CityRail provide a service in the first place?
>
> Whilst it is not the stations staff's fault that trains are
> cancelled/delayed/transposed etc etc, CityRail as a company should take a
more
> responsible line. It is no wonder that the everyday passenger perceives
the "front
> line staff" as moronic. Afterall they are the firing line as they are the
first
> thing the passenger sees.
>
> I agree with Keith. I have been travelling around the CityRail system for
the last
> week just watching the slowly unfolding mess while they are running an
Olympic Park
> service. I have seen many trains cancelled, or run non-stop between
stations just
> so the damn things can get back on time. One classic example of
incompetence was
> the all stations East Hills train running so late that the Macarhur
express was at
> the next signal when the East Hills train left Sydenham! Stupidity at its
best.

Or yesterday, a train from Penrith was so late they ran it around the City
Circle via Museum. There was no announcement from on-board staff, until the
train arrived at Museum and its destination was announced as Blacktown. I
knew as soon as we were at Flying Junctions that we were not going to
Gordon, but as I was going to St. James anyway, it did not affect me so I
stayed on. But all of the other passengers were inconvenienced.

This *IS* an example of moronic staff. The guard knew (or should have known)
that as soon as the train arrived at platform 21 at Central, it was not
going to Gordon - yet no announcement was made. This is the reason
passengers get upset.

Dave