Re: Great Service City Rail

On Thu, 27 Apr 2000 23:21:47 +1000, David Johnson
<trainman@ozemail.com.au> wrote:

>Keith wrote:
>
>> You morons at City Rail
>
>Thankyou so much. You wonder why staff find it difficult to be pleasant to
>passengers when they receive this tirade all the time.  The front line staff,
>the ones who you like to call morons, are trying their damnedest to give you a
>good service, but are let down by people who they have never met.  All they get
>for their efforts is abuse such as this.
>
>--
>David Johnson
>trainman@ozemail.com.au
>http://www.ozemail.com.au/~trainman/
>------------------------------------
>These comments are made in a private
>capacity and do not represent the
>official view of State Rail.
>C.O.W.S. Page 11.

Thanks for this post, David , with which I wholeheatedly concur.

The problem with working in frontline customer service positions is
that we on the stations bear the brunt of customer anger for things
completely out of our control. It takes skills not gained overnight to
calm people down sometimes, and many newer staff sometimes take abuse
personally and give some back with serious consequences for
themselves.

I note that an unnamed SM was recently taken to task in a Union
publication for making the comment that "it is the duty of station
staff to take abuse". While this might not be a very pretty state of
affairs I don't believe that it is all that far wide of the mark.

paul
x is the spam filter