[VIC] Headboards this weekend

As usual Steamrail didn't remove their generic headboard at the Euroa
photostop but the RTM removed theirs at this photostop and two of the
photostops on Monday's Ararat trip. If the RTM can remove the headboard
at photostops, then why can't Steamrail? When the RTM removed their
headboard at Berrybank, there were many comments like "That's something
Steamrail would never do". I think it is quite clear that Steamrail's
policy of leaving the headboard on the loco at all times isn't really
achieving much except bad publicity. As a result of this policy, most
people see Steamrail as a joke and SRHC as the real preservationists. If
they just removed it at photostops (especially for an event like this),
then most people wouldn't have a problem with it. Is it really that hard
to do? Even if Steamrail wanted to use a photostop photo for a brochure,
they could add in their headboard with Photoshop.

Also, the design of the RTM headboard is much better than the Steamrail
headboard. On many of the photos I've seen of the parallel run on
Friday, the RTM headboard doesn't stand out anywhere near as badly as
the Steamrail one. Surely Steamrail could design a headboard that
doesn't stand out anywhere near this much. At a distance I think this is
worse than the old one because of the high contrast between the colours.

--
- James Brook -

e-mail:
mailto:ajmbrook@ozemail.com.au