Re: [VIC] Headboards this weekend

> From: James Brook <ajmbrook@ozemail.com.au>
> Newsgroups: aus.rail
> Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2000 13:26:19 +1000
> Subject: [VIC] Headboards this weekend
>
> I think it is quite clear that Steamrail's
> policy of leaving the headboard on the loco at all times isn't really
> achieving much except bad publicity. As a result of this policy, most
> people see Steamrail as a joke and SRHC as the real preservationists.

Presumably they have looked at their market and decided that they get more
bums on seats because of the headboard and the advertising it brings versus
how many people it turns away but I doubt there is any such valid reasoning
behind their headboard arrogance.

I'm convinced that they do it now as a power/ego thing. Pity really that in
the railfan community they are infamous for this instead of the good work
they have done over the years.

Mark