Re: Today's Parallel Run

Craig Haber wrote:

> Howdy,
>
> James Brook wrote:
>
> > The wooden cars would have looked much
> > better. The train would have consisted mainly of red cars with only one or two
> > blue and gold cars. I think the overall appearence of a train of this type
> > looks much better than what we had to put up with yesterday.
>
> James, had the wooden cars been used, the train would not have looked better at
> all.  Reason being - the train _would not have run_.  Try getting an 80km/h path on
> the north-east - sadly it can't be done.

I was just saying the wooden cars look much better than a mixture of WCR, Explorer, VR,
Undercoat and modified WCR liveries. I know that you couldn't get a path from Melbourne
to Wodonga at 80kph. I was just comparing the look of the trains and saying a wooden
car train would have provided a more traditional and more uniform look. It's a pity
that the speed limit for E and W cars isn't 100kph instead of 80kph. I also think those
K cars are much more dangerous to lean out of because some of the idiot type gunzels
lean right out of the carriages and if anything unexpected happened, it would be almost
impossible for them to pull their body back into the carriage in enough time. With the
larger openings in the W and E cars, it is easy to get back inside the window. There is
also the problem that some small kids have to hang off the window itself to get their
heads out. Are they really strong enough to withstand the weight of some of these kids
hanging off the window at high speed? If there was some way to economically enlarge the
openings in the windows then I think Steamrail and WCR should do it if possible.

--
- James Brook -

e-mail:
mailto:ajmbrook@ozemail.com.au