Re: Today's Parallel Run

Mark Bau wrote:

> What are those circus painted cars behind the R? To add to the
> unprototypical look I think they should have had the Santa Fe S class
> banking the rear of the BG train.

These are the ex AN Explorer K cars. Steamrail plans to paint them into the
blue and gold livery at some time in the future. The blue and white carriages
are West Coast Railway BK and BRS cars. Steamrail only has four K cars and WCR
has three K cars. To get enough non airconditioned cars for this train the
organisers had to get all the K cars available. There was also the ex WAGR
commissioners car WAL951, which really didn't match the rest of the train and
there was a CP in a rather pathetic undercoat (I'm guessing it's an undercoat!
:-) ) right behind the locos. In addition to this there was also Steamrail's
BRS in the blue and gold livery. So the liveries on the train were in this
order: Undercoat - WCR - AN Explorer - VR - WCR - WAL modified WCR livery. So
it ended up looking like a circus train. The wooden cars would have looked much
better. The train would have consisted mainly of red cars with only one or two
blue and gold cars. I think the overall appearence of a train of this type
looks much better than what we had to put up with yesterday.

> The 38's looked good, (headboard is only a slight annoyance, nothing that
> Photoshop can't fix) consist looked "normal" i.e., not like a circus train.

This headboard isn't as annoying as the generic "Steamrail" or "3801 Limited"
headboards. As this headboard is for a special event I don't mind it. I think
Steamrail should have removed their generic headboard for the one and only
photostop at Euroa. Is it really that hard to compromise just a tiny little
bit???

--
- James Brook -

e-mail: