Re: Fines against rail and tram operators 'not big enough'

In article <KwEL4.7$Pm3.31527@news0.optus.net.au>,> <HIJACK VICTORIAN
THREAD TO SYDNEY>
> They did the same thing on the M4 in Sydney, where the privtae
company built
> the bit between Mays Hill and Prospect, but placed the toll gates at
> Rosehill (because that was busier). It was possible to travel on the
new bit
> without paying any tolls, and possible to pay tolls and not touch the
new
> bit at all.
>
> The private company justified it by adding an extra lane on the old
bit from
> Rosehill to Homebush.
> </HIJACK VICTORIAN THREAD TO SYDNEY>
>
> Dave
I'm not sure what their fine and bonus system is based on....exactly
how would you calculate a late train say...Queesnlander..running 20
minutes late*****Hijack Vic/NSW thread to Queenland*****how much fine
QR suppose to pay anyway??

Trams are subject to stupid car drivers that block the right of way,
traffic condition(route 8 example),  traffic lights ect. On top of that
endless march/protests on Swanston Street/St Kilda road.

...on the other hand Hillside/Bayside can say their bonus is not enough
as well....(but I can think of lots of things to do with Hillside's
1129600$ like: aircondition Hitachi/extend the shopper express to
city/upgrade the track to allow faster journey/early delivery of their
new trains/free timetable to customers for Hillside).

--
Cheers

James

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/