Re: NSW State Rail...a nightmare that is getting worse

Bill Bennett <billbennett@oze(spammerjammer)mail.com.au> said:

>That's not the point. Most people would rather get sleep, putting up
>with weekend track work is a small price to pay for a good night's
>sleep.

Why? Daytime track work inconveniences thousands of people. Night time
track work inconveniences only those who live in the immediate area.

>> And you moved there before the railway was built? If not, you were
>> unaware of the existence of the railway when you moved there?

You would have to be pretty stupid to not know that a railway was behind
the back fence of a house that you just purchased.

I do not have any sympathy whatsoever for those who move to an area where
there's an airport or a railway, then whinge that it's too close. Essendon
Airport is much the same. It was built before most houses in the area, now
the residents want it removed because it's dangerous. Someone should go out
and tell these people "stiff shit, you moved here after the railway
line/airport. You could have bought elsewhere".

Regards

Michael

--
Michael Kurkowski. / Email: mailto:mk@netstra.com.au
Rail Enthusiast.  / Web: http://www.netstra.com.au/~mk

       ** Get paid to surf! Become an IT manager!! **