Re: NSW State Rail...a nightmare that is getting worse

"C. Dewick" <craigd@lios.apana.org.au> wrote in message

> Weekends are the only time to do upgrading, maintenance, etc. Nightwork is
> generally out now because of stupid noise regulations.

Come on, they are not STUPID. Unrealistic maybe, but not stupid. I live
about 1k from the main line and on a hot summer's night I can't sleep if
there is major trackwork there's about 3,000 people living between my house
and the track and at least as many on the other side.