Re: Early Tangara designs added to web page

James C. <james_ccj@my-deja.com> said:

>> Some of them look better than the final product.
>>
>I don't think so... both the final product and prototype looked a bit
>dull..... I have a so call "artist impression" of QR's tilt train dated
>back 1993, the drawing look much better then the actual
>product(even though the final product is already very
>impressive)...oops! hijact another NSW news again:-)

Looks like the 'NSW Specific Usenet Hijack Bug' is spreading (: It will be
scary when Adelaide, and even moreso, Hobart catch it too...

Getting back to the Tangara however, the prototype of the current design
looks much nicer. In issues of Network dating back to 1986 there were
photos of this prototype design, along with an article. I might try and
locate this issue this week and scan accordingly.

Speaking of prototypes and artists impressions, who's ever seen the artists
impressions for just about any Melbourne train or tram around the late 80's
early 90's? With the huge windscreens (and i mean HUGE) - I'll also try to
dig these up. It's also interesting to note that one of the conditions of
the light rail conversion of the Upfield line was for the implementation of
low floor trams. 10 years later.......

Regards

Michael

--