Re: Macarthur

I think that the original plans (back in the late 1970's and early 1980's)
saw that Macarthur Square would eventually expand down towards the station
... the station and bus interchange would then be in a central location
between the Square and the University. I guess the plans changed somewhat
since then. Unfortunately the station is now central to nothing ... planning
at its best !!

"Bradley Torr" <btorr@bigpond.nospam.com> wrote in message
38f883ac@pink.one.net.au">news:38f883ac@pink.one.net.au...
> Another thing that bugs the hell out of me about Macarthur - there's a
>bus terminal right there next to the station - but no buses use it! To get
> the bus stop, you have to walk the entire length of that >elevated
.walkway; wind your way through the Macarthur Square >shopping mall; emerge
at the other end and wait at the bus terminal there. >Why did they even
bother building a bus interchange at the station in the >first place?