Re: Bathurst part of CityRail network?

Late last year I needed to travel from Canberra to Bathurst. I checked out
the CountryLink site to find out some information about timetables. There
was only a bus service which left at some ridiculous time and involved a
lengthy wait at Cootamundra (I think it was around a 9 hour bus trip, for
something I ended up driving in about 3 hours !!). The other alternative was
to Xplorer it to Sydney and then travel to Bathurst from there. Whenever I
entered Bathurst it told me that I'd have to go to the CityRail site because
Bathurst was part of the CityRail network. I went to the CityRail site only
to find that Bathurst was not included anywhere in their timtables. Needless
to say I ended up travelling by car (another loss for rail). I emailed
Countrylink to see what the story was and received nothing back for about 3
weeks (long after I'd made the trip !!!!)
The reply email simply said I should ring their phone number for more
information (very helpful indeed ... especially being 3 weeks after I wrote
to them).

> "Bradley Torr" <btorr@bigpond.nospam.com> writes:
> >I received a brochure from CityRail today in my letterbox espousing
> the virtues of catching the train to the Royal Easter Show at Olympic
> Park. This brochure lists the prices for ShowLink tickets for the Sydney >
Suburban area,Outer Metropolitan area and the "Greater CityRail" area >
respectively. It has printed:
> Greater City Rail - Bounded by Scone, Dungog, Newcastle, Goulburn > &
Bathurst.